NEW! SRU 001 – Protecting Your Family Online
Protecting Your Family Online
Day and Time:
Thursday Nov 12, 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm.
With all the junk out there on the internet and devices connecting and disconnecting from your home’s internet connection, how do you protect your family and friends from accessing content that you don’t want them to? Protecting Your Online Family is a brief 2 hour introductory seminar that will cover these topics:
– an overview of how the Internet and average home networks work
– how data is sent from one device to device
– “tools” you can use on your home network to filter content from the Internet
– “tools” you can use to keep your personal data safe and reduce the chance it is accessed by others or other devices
– and time permitting a discussion on the downsides to providing personal details on social networking sites like Google, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
At the end of the 2 hours you will be equipped with practical steps that will help you implement basic security measures and protect your family online. You will also be more aware of what information you are freely providing to the owners of websites you visit.
(Thursday) 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
SouthRidge Fellowship Baptist Church (Fireside Room)
22756 48 Ave, Langley, BC